Dr. Melanie Watkins is Board Certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology and Licensed by the California State Medical Board to practice Medicine and Psychiatry in the State of California.
Dr. Watkins received her medical training at the Stanford University School of Medicine and completed an internship in Obstetrics and Gynecology at the University of California in San Francisco. Her specialty training in Psychiatry was at the University of Nevada Department of Psychiatry.
She is an employee of Traditions Behavioral Health and works at Contra Costa Regional Medical Center.
Academic Publications in Obstetrics/Gynecology and Psychiatry
- Perinatal outcomes after successful and failed trials of labor after cesarean delivery. El-Sayed YY, Watkins MM, Fix M, Druzin ML, Pullen KM, Caughey AB. American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology. 2007; 196 (6): 583.e1-5.
- Barriers to cervical cancer screening in rural Mexico. Watkins MM, Gabali C, Winkleby M, Gaona E, Lebaron S. International Journal of Gynecological Cancer. 2002 Sept-Oct; 12 (5) 475-9.
- A pilot study of psychotherapist trainees’ alpha amylase and cortisol levels during treatment of recently suicidal clients with borderline traits. G. Miller, K. Iverson, M. Kemmelmeier, C. MacLane, J. Pistorello, A. Fruzzetti, K. Crenshaw, K. Erikson,B. Katrichak, M. Oser, L. Pruitt, M Watkins (Accepted for publication in the Journal of Professional Psychology: Research and Practice ).
- Problem-based Behavioral Science and Psychiatry by A. Guerrero and M. Piasecki. Chapter 13: Stigma and Medicine. B. Kohlenberg, M. Watkins, L. Fletcher, 2008.
- Handbook of Clinical Laboratory Testing during Pregnancy by A.Gronowski. Chapter 18: Preeclampsia, Eclampsia and Hypertension. KH Lim and M. Watkins, 2004.